Monday 17 August 2009

ELLIE'S FIRST COMMUNION

I can’t remember exactly when my interest on gypsy has started, but I feel like I always wanted to photograph them. One of my degrees piece, Kids, focus on a group on children living in a caravan site in a small Italian town.
Ellie is a gypsy child that lives in London. I met her and her family last spring, while I was trying to get in touch with any London based community. It was not easy to approach them and it’s still hard to get in touch with them, however they have declared me their official photographer. I have got the feeling this project will last for a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. Mi piacciono molto Valentina. I can see you in them. The family bonds, their indivduality and the dreamy looks. Maybe at times the flash is abit too strong for me, but then again this might reinforce your personal touch and message. Are these people your neighbours and part of your project?
    Ciao bella and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentina! please let me know next time you update your blog. I love to see your stuff. keep shooting your really onto something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete